+1
Fixed
isaac 6 months ago • updated by Vlad R 2 weeks ago 6

I would like to have the files sorted by "Modified" (newest to oldest). When I click on Modified it sort it correctly. However, everytime I refresh the page, or login again it forget that I want it to be sorted by "Modified". Is there a way to make it remember my choice?

Thank you

Answer

Answer
Fixed

Replacing the two files inside "js/fileman/grid/" with these ones will fix the problem: http://f.afian.se/wl/?id=T0ZpFCeefsmxvn32aithioaS670C7qFc&mode=regular (the link will expire on Nov 12, 2017)

This patch applies only to FileRun version 2017.09.25, which is the latest at the time of posting this message, and will be included with the next software update.

The patch also fixes sorting by file size.

Clearing browser's cache will probably needed for the change to take effect.

P.S. Sorry for the long wait for this annoyance to be fixed.

Planned

This used to work like that in the past, so I will categorize it as a bug. It will get fixed with the next FileRun update.

Any updates on this issue? How to make the detailed list view as "sort descending as default" for all the time?

It seems that this bug has been overlooked. I'll check on it and get back to you shortly.

For now, a workaround would be to first sort by the column and direction you want, and then make a change in the columns (like add and remove a column, or resize a column). The change will be saved between browsing sessions.

Hi Vlad, I waited patiently for six month hoping the new release will fix this annoying bug. I really hope you can release a small patch to fix it (instead of waiting another 3-6 month). Thank you for all the efforts in this project.

Answer
Fixed

Replacing the two files inside "js/fileman/grid/" with these ones will fix the problem: http://f.afian.se/wl/?id=T0ZpFCeefsmxvn32aithioaS670C7qFc&mode=regular (the link will expire on Nov 12, 2017)

This patch applies only to FileRun version 2017.09.25, which is the latest at the time of posting this message, and will be included with the next software update.

The patch also fixes sorting by file size.

Clearing browser's cache will probably needed for the change to take effect.

P.S. Sorry for the long wait for this annoyance to be fixed.