0
Not a bug

IIS - Shared links does not work (error 500) after last upgrade

Apodasch 7 months ago updated 6 months ago 6

Hello dear support,

lately I have upgraded FileRun to the latest version with new nice violet GUI, but since that time I get error 500 on all my shared links. I tried to delete them all, create a new link and still the same problem. The link is generated sucessfully but it does not work. All the other FileRun features work normally.

Filerun is running on IIS and when trying to open a shared link I get only this standard error with no description:

Image 1055

The link is created successfully though:


Image 1056

I changed nothing in the IIS or PHP configuration, only upgraded the FileRun application from the "Control panel".

I found no errors in the PHP log.


Thank you in advance.

Adam

Answer

Answer
Not a bug

Hello,

I finally have it fixed!

I found nothing useful in the IIS log files... but, it was IIS problem. I found the problem after displaying detailed errors from the IIS in the browser which really took me a while. It is necessary to set error pages in IIS to display detailed errors for remote connections and then you can see it. It must be set for whole web server (if I configured it for one web only it did not work).

There was nothing in the PHP log files because it was neither PHP problem nor the FileRun application problem.

The problem was that IIS created "web.config" file inside the "wl" folder (do not ask me why, I have no clue...). From what I understood, the folder is being accessed whenever you open a FileRun link. The "web.config" file was corrupted and that is why IIS failed to display anything located in that folder because IIS always tries to read the "web.config" file first if it exists...

Sorry for posting problem not relevant to FileRun application. Hopefully this might help somebody with IIS debugging at least.

Continue doing great work with FileRun ♥

Under review

500 is a generic error, hiding the actual one. You should check IIS logs and PHP logs for the actual error message.

It can not find "wl" id=MoYAP4L4zm3QlUKgKujjsBJ90VVMfBZJ

I checked the "wl" folder but I do not know what should be inside or what is the problem with it.

2022-05-12 16:32:23 192.168.1.1 GET /wl/ id=MoYAP4L4zm3QlUKgKujjsBJ90VVMfBZJ 8080 - 192.168.1.2 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64)+AppleWebKit/537.36+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/101.0.4951.64+Safari/537.36 https://mypage/ 500 19 13 12

This GET returns the error 500.

I have chacked some of the old log files where the GET command for /wl/ folder was working fine and the id requested was working - result was 200.

Old log file with success example:

2022-01-07 07:59:40 192.168.1.1 GET /wl/ id=V40dHsUJTUBjw5SXVpHcbL7Mj5gRiulc 8080 - 158.196.233.158 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64;+rv:95.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/95.0 - 200 0 0 667
2022-01-07 07:59:40 192.168.1.1 GET /wl/css/folder.css v=2021.06.27 8080 - 158.196.233.158 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64;+rv:95.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/95.0 https://mypage:8080/wl/?id=V40dHsUJTUBjw5SXVpHcbL7Mj5gRiulc 200 0 0 23
2022-01-07 07:59:40 192.168.1.1 GET /js/jquery/jquery.min.js v=2021.06.27 8080 - 158.196.233.158 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64;+rv:95.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/95.0 https://mypage:8080/wl/?id=V40dHsUJTUBjw5SXVpHcbL7Mj5gRiulc 200 0 0 56
2022-01-07 07:59:40 192.168.1.1 GET /wl/js/folder.js v=2021.06.27 8080 - 158.196.233.158 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64;+rv:95.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/95.0 https://mypage:8080/wl/?id=V40dHsUJTUBjw5SXVpHcbL7Mj5gRiulc 200 0 0 52
2022-01-07 07:59:40 192.168.1.1 GET /js/jquery/jquery.lazy.min.js v=2021.06.27 8080 - 158.196.233.158 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64;+rv:95.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/95.0 https://mypage:8080/wl/?id=V40dHsUJTUBjw5SXVpHcbL7Mj5gRiulc 200 0 0 54
2022-01-07 07:59:40 192.168.1.1 GET /images/fico/dark/archive.png - 8080 - 158.196.233.158 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64;+rv:95.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/95.0 https://mypage:8080/wl/?id=V40dHsUJTUBjw5SXVpHcbL7Mj5gRiulc 200 0 0 22
2022-01-07 07:59:40 192.168.1.1 GET /favicon.ico - 8080 - 158.196.233.158 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64;+rv:95.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/95.0 https://mypage:8080/wl/?id=V40dHsUJTUBjw5SXVpHcbL7Mj5gRiulc 200 0 0 18

Now I think the problem is that the web application says "link was created successfully" but the /wl/ folder which is in the rrot of the web server application and the /wl/ folder content is not updated and that is why I get error 500, because the id requested is really not there.

Is that possible?

I have already checked the permissions the folder and everything seems to be ok from the permission point of view, and I did not changed it.

Thank you in advance.

Answer
Not a bug

Hello,

I finally have it fixed!

I found nothing useful in the IIS log files... but, it was IIS problem. I found the problem after displaying detailed errors from the IIS in the browser which really took me a while. It is necessary to set error pages in IIS to display detailed errors for remote connections and then you can see it. It must be set for whole web server (if I configured it for one web only it did not work).

There was nothing in the PHP log files because it was neither PHP problem nor the FileRun application problem.

The problem was that IIS created "web.config" file inside the "wl" folder (do not ask me why, I have no clue...). From what I understood, the folder is being accessed whenever you open a FileRun link. The "web.config" file was corrupted and that is why IIS failed to display anything located in that folder because IIS always tries to read the "web.config" file first if it exists...

Sorry for posting problem not relevant to FileRun application. Hopefully this might help somebody with IIS debugging at least.

Continue doing great work with FileRun ♥

Thank you for sharing your solution!