0
Fixed

Bug moving files

llarsen 5 months ago updated by Vlad R 4 weeks ago 3

On multiple occasions this has happened; If i move a directory which has multiple sub-folders, into another directory via Filerun, it fails and only moves a few of the subfolders and leaves the rest in the original location.

All of the folders are located on the same hard drive.

For example, lets say we have a "dir1" and a "dir2" directory. "dir2" is empty and "dir1" has a few sub-folders. If i try and move "dir1" into "dir2", a copy of "dir1" will remain in the original location, with a few of the subdirectories. But if you look in "dir2" after the move, "dir1" will be in there, but with only one or two of the sub-folders and have incomplete files. 


This happens almost every time i move directories around via Filerun. Luckily i have current backups, because it ends up corrupting some files as well as splitting up many directories. 

For the time being, i ssh into the server and move them manually or move them via samba. But it would be great if this could be fixed in Filerun.

It is currently hosted on an Ubuntu 20.04 server with all the latest updates.

Thanks,

Luke

Answer

Answer
Fixed

The fix for this bug is included in the update that is now available for installation via the FileRun control panel. (See https://docs.filerun.com/updating for installing updates.)

FYI, i just tried moving directories again after the latest updates and this is still an issue. It never moves the entire directories, i end up having to manually move them on the server directly. It would be great if this could be fixed...

Started

Please replace the file "system/classes/vendor/FileRun/Files/Manager.php" in your FileRun installation with this version https://bit.ly/3fTmks6 It should improve the folder moving process.

The patch has been tested only with the FileRun version 2021.03.26 and it will be included in the next update.

We're sorry for the troubles the failed moves created for you, and thank you for reporting the problem.

Answer
Fixed

The fix for this bug is included in the update that is now available for installation via the FileRun control panel. (See https://docs.filerun.com/updating for installing updates.)